Most people will agree with the fact that reloading is a hobby that is capable of saving lots of money in the long term. However, the problem is that you will have to get the right tools. Have you ever heard about case trimmers? If you plan to reuse your cases, you need one. Here we will help you find the best piece of equipment for the job.
Just like any other machine that needs to be maintained and modified from time to time so does the brass. The same features that make the brass reloadable means that it will at one point need to be reshaped. Every time a round is fired, the brass will stretch and expand a little due to the pressure that is generated from firing. After some time, it will start to elongate and need to be trimmed back to the right size. To maintain your brass, you will need the best case trimmer.
Top 5 Best Case Trimmer in The Market
Below are the best case trimmer reviews currently available in the market
The Platinum Series Case Trim and Prep System are known for being capable of accurately trimming brass in seconds. It has an innovative case holder with an adjustable collect and bushing system indexes with a case shoulder. It can always be set to trim brass to the required case length.
After the case holder has been adjusted, you can simply insert the brass into the case holder as the collets align the case squarely using the high-speed cutter. The case mouth will be trimmed until the case shoulder stops on an internal bushing when it contacts the cutter. A series of five bushings and three collets will accommodate any shouldered case from the 17 Rem-460W by. The station will also operate up to three extra tools at the same time.
Inside and outside the chamfer tools and the primer pocket, the cleaners will be required to fully prepare the cases for loading. The drive train and the heavy-duty motor are optimized for performance and durability. The chamfer and cutter tools are constructed from high quality hardened steel.
- It has an adjustable collet system that works together with all the cases from the .17 Remington to the .460 weather by.
- It has Index cases on the shoulder for precision and speed.
- It makes the chamfering and trimming cases faster and easier with no need shell holders
- Has three output shafts that accept all the case trimming accessories with 8-32 threads.
- It has an ultra hard HSS cutters stay sharp for thousands of rounds to make the process of trimming easy and fast.
The Hornady 50140 Camlock Case Trimmer is considered to be among the best case trimmer in the market especially if you are interested in the physical trimmer that can you can always bolt down to the bench.
It is much easier to operate the Hornady 50140 Camlock Case Trimmer. It is also a precision trimmer that can work on any handgun round or rifle. It has been specifically designed for easy use and one will always feel comfortable using it. This case trimmer is recommended to the individuals who are in need of a classy manual case trimmer. You can always pick up the Hornady matching and the highly recommended powder measure.
This case trimmer has a cam lock trimmer that is a product manual, it has accurate case lengths, uses standard Hornady shell holders and pilots and it also has a taller frame and redesigned handle. It does not cost much compared to the other types.
- It uses a standard shell holder
- It comes with five sizes of popular neck brushes
- It features both the small and the large primer pockets
- Trims cases ranging between ¾ inch and 3 ¼ inch
- It has a micro-adjustable cutting head 1/1000 inches
- Pilots between .22 and .45
- Has a vertical power trimming design
In most cases, the best case trimmer is the one that has a simple and basic design and functionality. This is where the Lyman Universal Trimmer with 9 Pilot Multi-Pack falls into. It can easily trim any case from the smallest to the .458 calibers. Use of some standard shell holders and single pilot of the available pilots can handle any rifle. The coarse and fine adjustment enables the shooter to set the trimming length quickly.
- Has a heavy duty construction
- Optional power adapter
- Fine grain and very sharp cutter head
- Four mounting holes Adjustable and repeatable
- Features none popular pilots
- Comes together with a fine and coarse adjustment
The Lyman Power Adapter For Lyman Trimmers is considered to be the best case trimmer for the money. The reloaders will be able to easily and quickly convert the Lyman Power Adapter For Lyman Trimmers that are used together with the power screwdriver and the power drill to work with the power case trimmer.
- It can power trim over 250 cases in an hour
- It can replace the existing shaft with power adapter shaft and drill
- It quickly converts the original universal trimmer to power trimming
The Lee 90437 Deluxe QK Trim Case refers to a nifty little case trimmer and the best-case trimmer if you are only trimming a couple of different calibers frequently. It has been designed to work together with a special die fitted in a reloading press like most the Lee products. It is elegant in simplicity and single-minded function though it is not as versatile as the other trimmers. Any reloader who will only be doing a couple of calibers or is interested in a higher degree of precise trimming, the Lee 90437 Deluxe QK Trim Case is the way to go.
It is always cheaper than other dedicated case trimmers even when it is paired with a couple of trimming dies. You will not require another tool mounted on the reloading bench to help clutter up things. It is considered a worthwhile investment for the minimalist reloader and it is one of the best case trimmers easily affordable in the market.
- Has a chip catcher
- Capable of trimming shorter that standard lengths to help reduce the trimming frequency
- Has an adjustable click stop that allows the trim length adjustments of .001
The RCBS Trim Pro-2 Kit with Spring Loaded Shell Holder refers to a product that has been crafted with great precision in mind. After setting it up, efficiency and accuracy of performance follow. The RCBS Trim Pro-2 Kit with Spring Loaded Shell Holder was engineered to last the usual wear that is associated with case trimming thereby making it last for a longer time. Its design ensures that the case remains damage free.
This case trimmer is user-friendly and capable of providing accurate results.
- Great case length guarantee
- Integral power switch
- 9 different sized pilot calibers .22 to .45
- Easy and precise spring fed cutter
- Low RPM motor for plenty of torque
- Has an automatic switch down motor
- It has 2, 3, 4 & 10 shell holders
Factors to consider when buying the best Case Trimmer
One of the first things you need to consider when shopping for the best case trimmer is the simplicity of the design and construction and its easy to use. You need to buy a case trimmer that will work by just checking up on a drill or so.
Below are factors you need to consider:
- Chamfering and Deburring refer to the process followed to smooth a case after the trimming has been done. After trimming, there are sharp edges that are formed in the case which is always noticeable. By using the deburring tools, you can always cut the edges thus smoothing the case. It will be great if you can consider a case trimmer that has this feature.
- Shell holders are usually used in holding the shell as the trimming and reloading process continues. The purpose of the shell holder is to hold the case of the press securely. There are shell holders of varying sizes in the market since every type of caliber needs a different shell holder size. It would be important if you can buy a case trimmer that has these features. The best case trimmers in the market will always have the shell holders with them.
- Though these are not very important factors, there are some people who would be interested in having their cartridge get a shiny and good looking bullet hence opt to use the tumblers and polishers after performing case trimming.
Apart from being used in polishing the bullets, the tumblers and polishers can also be used in polishing the rifles thereby prolonging there lifetime. Some of the best case trimmers will always come with this feature.
However, what might be good for one might not be good for the other person. You need to know what you want to do with the best case trimmer. When shopping for the best case trimmer in the market, it is great to consider settling on the trimmers that have these feature since they will always be of great help when it comes to cleaning your rifles.
The most important thing is the length consistency as well as the square case mouth. The case length should always be kept shorter than its maximum length case. With the number of case trimmer rapidly increasing in the market, it is important for one to know what are the best case trimmers in the market to ensure they spend their monies where there is worth. The review of the best case trimmers above will help people save time when researching on what are the best case trimmers in the market.